How to become an Amazon Seller
How to become an Amazon Seller: Amazon is the most visited online shopping marketplace in India, and more customers than ever trust Amazon. in to shop online.
With orders for over 100% repairable PIN codes in India, Amazon has become the online destination for small and medium-sized businesses.
The edge of the Amazon
- Once you start selling on Amazon, you become part of a retail destination home to sellers of all kinds, from Fortune 500 organizations to artisan sellers making handmade products.
- Everyone sells here for one reason: to reach the millions of customers who visit Amazon to shop.
Is Amazon Right for Business?
- Yes, the biggest household brands sell on Amazon. But so do the emerging brands that will soon appear on your radar.
- Small and medium-sized businesses thrive here, accounting for more than half of the units sold on Amazon worldwide.
- So, we are happy to see you grow with us whatever your business, whatever its size. So, find your fit and start selling today.
How to register?
Here is the checklist of everything that is required to start recording as a seller on Amazon.:
- Active mobile number
- The GST number (or you are selling in a GST-exempt category)
- Tray details
- Active bank account
- Identification of the courier
The GST is the goods and services tax levied on the supply of goods and services. It is an indirect tax that replaces others in India, like excise duty, VAT, service tax, etc.
To facilitate the taxation of individuals.
What is Amazon Vendor Central?
- Amazon Vendor Central is the platform where vendors manage their wholesale business relationship with Amazon. Here, they add items, manage purchase orders, ship inventory, etc.
- Within Vendor Central, Amazon will place orders for you, you send them to inventory and an invoice, and Amazon pays you.
- The Vendors within the platform can also manage advertising, merchandise, and other programs like Amazon Vine.
- Vendor Central has a similar layout as Seller Central, where you can easily navigate to different sections to manage your business correctly. You will see tabs such as Orders, Articles, Advertising, Merchandising, Reports, and Payments.
Can anyone sell directly to Amazon?
- Becoming an Amazon seller is not as simple as creating an Amazon seller account and becoming a third-party seller.
- Unfortunately, Vendor Central is for guests only, and you cannot apply to become a vendor. Instead, you must wait until an Amazon Brand Manager contacts you before signing up for Vendor Central.
What are the pros and cons of selling directly to Amazon?
Like anything, there are pros and cons. Becoming an Amazon supplier has its advantages but also its drawbacks. Let’s review both:
Benefits of selling directly on Amazon
- Trade your products at a profitable wholesale price to Amazon
- Your listings will show as “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com”
- Amazon handles all customer service and returns
- The Sales may increase as Amazon will have control over the listing
- Here You don’t need to worry about running an Amazon business
Cons of Selling Directly to Amazon
Program for guests only:
- Additional fees, including cooperative fees, marketing fees, remittance fees, freight allocation fees, and chargebacks, can add up to 25%
- Smaller margins than if you sold the product directly to consumers through Seller Central
- You have no control over your prices, which can be harmful if you have MAP (minimum advertised price) pricing agreements with other retailers
- Amazon is likely to negotiate the purchase price of your products, leaving you with a smaller margin
You won’t have much control over your listings and inventory
- Amazon payment terms can be 30, 60, or 90 days; this can cause cash flow problems for your business
12 km in miles – Conversion Formula, and More
The kilometer (km) and the mile (mi) are both units of length, but they remain based on different measurement systems….