Zuckerberg Spotify Project
Zuckerberg Spotify Project: Facebook is deepening its relationship with music company Spotify and will allow users to listen to Spotify-hosted music.
While browsing its apps as part of a new initiative called “Project Boombox,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said.
Facebook is building an online audio player that will allow users to listen to songs or playlists that are shared across platforms without being externally linked to the Spotify app or website.
- Zuckerberg singled out the feature as another product designed to improve the experience for creators on their platforms, specifically the ability for musicians to share their work, “mind making audio a world-class media type,” he said.
- We know from sources familiar with the Spotify integration that this player will support music and podcasts. It’s already been tested in markets outside the US, including Mexico and Thailand, and is expecting to arrive in about a week.
- The news was revealing in a wide-ranging interview with reporter Casey Newton about the company’s future activities in the audio world.
- As Facebook aims to keep pace with new endeavors like Clubhouse and increased activity in the audio world.
Audio is exploding
- The Facebook is giving the audio a big push in its race to compete with Clubhouse, an app for audio-based chat rooms.
- Other platforms are also creating their versions of Clubhouse. With Twitter launching Spaces and even LinkedIn working on Live Audio Rooms.
- The clubhouse has a clear drawback: it’s still in an invite-only state and is currently only available on iPhone.
- Uncertainty Clubhouse doesn’t expand to all users soon. You might end up getting lost in an abyss full of Clubhouse clones.
- “We think audio is going to be a first-class medium. And there are a lot of different products to build on this spectrum,” Zuckerberg said.
- “Of course, it includes some areas that have been popular recently, like podcasts and lives audio rooms like this. But I also think there are some interesting things that are underexplored in the area in general.”
- Spotify has already had a pretty productive relationship with the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- In recent years, the music and podcast platform has been more deeply integrating into Instagram Stories, where users can share content from the service. This feature is also available in Facebook Stories.
12 km in miles – Conversion Formula, and More
The kilometer (km) and the mile (mi) are both units of length, but they remain based on different measurement systems….