McAlester News-Capital (formerly News-Capital & Democrat) is a daily newspaper published in McAlester, Oklahoma, United States, covering southeastern Oklahoma. CNHI owns it.
Journalists James Beaty, Kevin Harvison, MJ Brickey, and Matt Goisman are part of the editorial team. His publisher, Glenn Puit, has written five true crime novels.
McAlester downs Wagoner in four sets
The Lady Buffs were ready to defend the hometown.
McAlester played host to Waggoner inside Bob Brumley Gymnasium on Tuesday, where the Lady Buffs cruised to a 3-1 win.
McAlester took the lead in the first set thanks to spikes from Gracey Glenn and Dayana Wright en route to a 5-1 information when Waggoner called a timeout. On the other hand, Wright scored two more kills to extend the lead.
But the Lady Bulldogs responded with a run of their own and soon closed out the set with three points. That’s when both teams began trading points in a race to 25.
McAlester started to push further forward, but Waggoner was close behind. After a timeout, Waggoner used another run as the teams found themselves tied 25-25. But the Lady Bulldogs would take the final two points to take the first set.
In the second set, Glenn, Wright, and Jadyn McKelvey were all killed to take a 13-7 lead when Waggoner called another timeout.
The Lady Bulldogs began to go on another run, but McKelvey quickly took him out with a kill to get McAlester moving once more.
Waggoner tried to get close, but the Lady Buffs stayed strong defensively, including a team block from Jaycee Berry and McKelvey. The Lady Bulldogs then called a timeout with McAlester leading 18-16.
Across the break, the kills of Jaelyn Mascoto and Berry pushed McAlester forward as the Lady Buffs clinched the set 25-20 and tied the match at 1-1.
- The Lady Bulldogs took a 5-0 lead in the third set. But the deaths of Wright and Mascot gave the Lady Buffs momentum back as they closed in on their opponents.
- McAlester battled for the lead, and the kills of Mascoto and Glenn put the Lady Buffs up 17-13 when a timeout was called.
- However, the Lady Buffs kept up the intensity as they returned to action, utilizing spikes from McKelvey and Glenn en route to a dominant 25-14 set victory to go up 2-1 in the match.
- Here in the fourth set, both teams traded points as they continued their battle. Waggoner took the lead early, but the Lady Buffs retook a 9-7 lead when a timeout was called.
- McAlester continued to make a run after the break, including using service aces from Cozy Melton and Abigal Estrada and a net hit from Glenn. Soon, the Lady Buffs found themselves with a massive 16-9 lead.
- McAlester’s teamwork continued to pay off, with another ace from Estrada, a spike from McKelvey, and a block from Glenn and McKelvey extending the Lady Buffs’ lead.
- McAlester fought back while holding Waggoner at bay, and they clawed their way to victory in the set 25-14 and secured the match victory.
Also Read: Cinemark Newport News – City Studios, Theater, and More
Mini Gadgets – The Best Mini Gadgets to Use
Mini Gadgets Mini Gadgets: We are direct importers and manufacturers of DIY surveillance equipment. We sell and ship directly to…
Email Marketing – Types, Retention Emails, and More
Email Marketing The Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make customers on your email list aware of…
Leave a Reply