Social Media Posts and Hashtags
Social media posts and hashtags: Once upon a time, the ‘#’ was a simple pound or pound sign. But then the social bluebird flew onto the scene and turned this mundane symbol into an online sensation.
Today, whether you’re on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or any other social media channel, you can’t escape the ubiquitous presence of the #hashtag. But what exactly is a hashtag?
In case you have always wondered but are afraid to ask, we have prepared a clear and concise explanation of everything you need to know about this Internet phenomenon.
What is a hashtag?
- With thousands of images posted every minute across all social platforms, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. The chance of your post being seen is not promising unless it is one of your followers.
- That’s where hashtags come into play. A hashtag is a keyword or phrase preceded by a pound sign (#), written within a post or comment to make it stand out and easier to find.
- Essentially, by including hash marks in your post, the social network can index it so that everyone can discover it, even if they are not your followers or fans.
- For example, if your business is related to extreme sports, you can add the #bucketlist to your Instagram posts to attract those passionate about adventure and fun.
Why should you use hashtags?
Thanks to hashtags, your posts are not limited to just your followers. Adding one of these bad boys will make your content accessible to all other users interested in similar topics searching for your hashtag.
- Choosing the right hashtag can significantly expand the reach of your social media posts to thousands of followers, fans, or potential customers.
- For example, if you have a healthy juice bar, it can be tempting to go for the apparent #fruit, but watch out! With over a million posts growing, your chances of being seen are as slim as a banana peel.
- Now, if you add a more specific tag like #drinkyourveggies, you’re looking for better odds. It is even more relevant with the recent update to Instagram, where you can now follow specific hashtags just like you would friends or businesses.
- So, it goes without saying – make sure you don’t just put # on any word, but plan your Instagram marketing plan carefully.
How to use hashtags wisely?
To create a hashtag, you must include a ‘#’ and a relevant keyword or phrase. So it, you already knew.
But you didn’t realize that not all hashtags are the same. Popular fact, they are only powerful when handpicked and used wisely.
Keep it short: Don’t pack too many words into a single hashtag to save everyone a headache. Nothing turns people off more than long hashtags.
Do not abuse: another thing you should avoid is writing the entire caption with one hashtag per word. #Because #it’s #not #really #fun #to #read #like #? The amount of hashtags you can allow per post depends on each channel. But as a general rule, only put a hashtag next to significant words.
Samsung 32 Inch Curved Monitor – Features and More
Samsung 32 Inch Curved Monitor Samsung 32 Inch Curved Monitor – Samsung’s curved monitor is the best in its class….
Essay on Artificial Intelligence – Importance and Advantages
Essay on Artificial Intelligence Essay on Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence prefers to the intelligence of machines. It contrasts with the…